Division/Department: WASH and FSA
Location: PADO Regional Office Bannu/ North Waziristan Tribal District
Job title: Agriculture Officer
Reports to: Project Manager
Level/Grade: OG III
Type of position: Full-time
40 Hours/week Exempt: Weekends
General Description of Tasks
Assist and support the team in implementing the aims and objectives of the project;
In a team process, plan, develop and implement Program activities under overall guidance of Executive Director and PADO Head Office in line with the MoU signed by PADO and CARE International aiming two main objectives of the project as:
- TDP returnee families of NWTD have improved hygiene and access to WASH facilities, including key components of Hygiene Promotion, Sanitation Facilities, Water Supply and WASH NFIs Distribution
- TDP returnee families in NWTD have access to improved agriculture and food security , including key components of Livestock, Irrigation, Seed System Security and Pests and Pesticide Control
The Agriculture Officer will:
- Perform Under the supervision of Food Security & Livelihood (FSL) Specialist and Project Manager, the Agriculture Officer is responsible for the daily technical planning, supervision, monitoring and reporting of the field activities.
- Participates in the formulation and development of Seed System Security Objectives and crop protection Components of the Project.
- Assist in Developing Seed System Security and crop protection strategies, methodologies and identification of new approaches for improving Food Security programme delivery
- Take a lead role in the coordination and implementation of Agriculture Services under the project
- Coordinate and Lead the activities in vegetable gardening, livestock management, dairy processing, food security and livelihoods
- Build the capacity of target beneficiaries to develop Good Agriculture Practices and High Yield
- Plans, organizes and conducts training and orientation activities for Village Committees and beneficiaries, for the Agri Services.
- Contribute to and/or carry out the rapid needs assessments on key FSL Activates during the project lifecycle to investigate further opportunities for interventions.
- Conducting impact assessments for high-priority project.
- Provide technical support to field staff on tools/formats etc.
- Frequently visits Project Areas to carry out process on Agriculture Activities based on minimum standards and output level indicators.
- Other job related responsibility assigned by Program Manager/ Executive Director – PADO
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
Work experience requirements:
4 years implementing experience of Agriculture /Livelihood implementing projects in KP or tribal districts with Govt. or NGOs.
Fully proficient computer skills including use of relevant software and other applications, e.g. word processing, spreadsheets, internal databases, Internet etc.
Fluency in oral and written English with knowledge of the local working language of the duty station is essential.
Cooperates and works effectively with others in an emergency setting in the pursuit of common goals.
Promotes, practices, and helps others value and respect diversity of gender, culture, opinions, values, perspectives, ideas, skills, expertise, knowledge, and experiences.
Works effectively on multiple assignments simultaneously and adapts to changing demands and circumstances; adaptable and ready to travel with little or short notice.
Performs effectively in unstable, uncertain, or potentially dangerous environments while maintaining physical and mental health.