Division/Department: WASH and FSA
Location: PADO Regional Office Bannu/ North Waziristan Tribal District
Job title: FSL Specialist
Reports to: Project Manager
Level/Grade: OG III
Type of position: Full-time
40 Hours/week Exempt: Weekends
General Description of Tasks
Assist and support the team in implementing the aims and objectives of the project;
In a team process, plan, develop and implement Program activities under overall guidance of Executive Director and PADO Head Office in line with the MoU signed by PADO and CARE International aiming two main objectives of the project as:
- TDP returnee families of NWTD have improved hygiene and access to WASH facilities, including key components of Hygiene Promotion, Sanitation Facilities, Water Supply and WASH NFIs Distribution
- TDP returnee families in NWTD have access to improved agriculture and food security , including key components of Livestock, Irrigation, Seed System Security and Pests and Pesticide Control
The FSL Specialist will:
- Participates in the formulation and development of the Food Security and Livelihood Objectives goals, strategies and approaches for the Project.
- Develops the work-plan for the Food Security and Livelihood component and monitors compliance to ensure objectives and targets are met/ achieved.
- Analyse the specific situation where FS&L activities are being carried out
- identify and coordinate with bodies linked to FS&L operating within the area of intervention
- Identify and assess people’s needs and abilities to meet their quantitative and qualitative food requirements (analyse access, availability and usage)
- Identify people’s socio-economic vulnerabilities in order to better target the most at risk
- Plan, manage and evaluate actions in the field of Food Security.
- Identify and formalize intervention objectives in conjunction with other Project Team
- Study the various possibilities for action, forming assumptions and identifying risks / drawing up and adhering to his/her own activity timeframe
- Coordinate activities by the team, and ensuring that his/her actions are properly reported internally to the relevant bodies
- Identify qualitative areas for improving programs and implementing adjustment measures
- Reviews and evaluates the technical, institutional and financial feasibility and constraints of Food Security and Livelihood activities of the project
- Plans, organizes and conducts training and orientation activities for Village Committees and beneficiaries, for the purpose of capacity building of local communities.
- Plans and undertakes field visits, and surveys in order to monitor and evaluate FSA assigned activities.
- Identifies problems and proposes remedial actions.
- Identifies alternative courses of action, to accelerate/improve programme delivery.
- Coordinates activities and exchanges information/ideas with other programmes, to contribute to the achievement of overall programme objectives.
- Participates in establishing effective monitoring, information and reporting systems, and in the development of communication materials and strategies
- Participates in the preparation of all programme reports for management, Board, donors, budget reviews, programme analysis, annual reports, etc.
- Other job related responsibility assigned by Program Manager/ Executive Director – PADO
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
Master degree in Livestock or Agriculture or Social Sciences & Rural Development or other related field. Having 5 years implementing experience of food security & Livelihood projects in KP or tribal districts with Govt. or NGO.
Work experience requirements:
Having 5 years implementing experience of food security & Livelihood projects in KP or tribal districts with Govt. or NGO.
Fully proficient computer skills including use of relevant software and other applications, e.g. word processing, spreadsheets, internal databases, Internet etc.
Fluency in oral and written English with knowledge of the local working language of the duty station is essential.
Cooperates and works effectively with others in an emergency setting in the pursuit of common goals.
Promotes, practices, and helps others value and respect diversity of gender, culture, opinions, values, perspectives, ideas, skills, expertise, knowledge, and experiences.
Works effectively on multiple assignments simultaneously and adapts to changing demands and circumstances; adaptable and ready to travel with little or short notice.
Performs effectively in unstable, uncertain, or potentially dangerous environments while maintaining physical and mental health.