Location: PADO Regional Office Bannu/ North Waziristan Tribal District
Job title: Security Officer
Reports to: Project Manager
Level/Grade: OG V
Type of position: Full-time
40 Hours/week Exempt: Weekends
Assist and support the team in smooth and secure implementing the aims and objectives of PADO WASH and FSA Project ;
Security Officer Job Description:
- Developing and implementing security policies, protocols and procedures
- Coordinate the security requirements with relevant departments.
- Assist in Recruiting, training and supervising security guards and oversee all security operations of Project Office Personnel and Assets.
- Demonstrate excellent surveillance and emergency response skills.
- Strong commitment to security rules and knowledge of all hazards and threats to safety.
- To create and preserve an environment where employees, Visiting Beneficiaries and property are safe and well-protected.
- Attend meetings with other managers to determine operational needs
- Plan and coordinate security operations for specific events
- Coordinate staff when responding to emergencies and alarms
- Review reports on incidents and breaches
- Investigate and resolve issues
- Create reports for management on security status
- Analyze data to form proposals for improvements
- Monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting building, equipment, and access points,
- Prevents losses and damage by reporting irregularities; informing violators of policy and procedures; restraining trespassers.
- Maintains organization’s stability and reputation by complying with legal requirements.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Investigates and/or reviews dangers, strange or suspicious situations to office/center administration for correction or follow- up steps; maintains contact
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
Basic security knowledge, defence as well as inspection of fire procedures.
Communication skills and writing, Reporting Skills related to their job.
Detailed observation skill and quick response in making the right decision.
Surveillance Skills, Deals with Uncertainty, Judgment, Objectivity, Dependability
Emotional Control, Integrity, Safety Management, Professionalism.
Work experience requirements:
Minimum 4 years of relevant experience in a project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context.
Fully proficient computer skills including use of relevant software and other applications, e.g. word processing, spreadsheets, internal databases, Internet etc.
Fluency in oral and written Urdu with knowledge of the local working language of the duty station is essential.
Cooperates and works effectively with others in an emergency setting in the pursuit of common goals.
Promotes, practices, and helps others value and respect diversity of gender, culture, opinions, values, perspectives, ideas, skills, expertise, knowledge, and experiences.
Works effectively on multiple assignments simultaneously and adapts to changing demands and circumstances; adaptable and ready to travel with little or short notice.
Performs effectively in unstable, uncertain, or potentially dangerous environments while maintaining physical and mental health.