Division/Department: WASH and FSA
Location: PADO Regional Office Bannu/ North Waziristan Tribal District
Reports to: Project Manager
Job title: MEAL Officer
Level/Grade: OG III
Type of position: Full-time
40 Hours/week Exempt: Weekends
General Description of Tasks
Assist and support the team in implementing the aims and objectives of the project;
In a team process, plan, develop and implement Program activities under overall guidance of Executive Director and PADO Head Office in line with the MoU signed by PADO and CARE International aiming two main objectives of the project as:
- TDP returnee families of NWTD have improved hygiene and access to WASH facilities, including key components of Hygiene Promotion, Sanitation Facilities, Water Supply and WASH NFIs Distribution
- TDP returnee families in NWTD have access to improved agriculture and food security , including key components of Livestock, Irrigation, Seed System Security and Pests and Pesticide Control
The MEAL Officer will:
- Design Indicators, Establish and design M&E system across all project.
- Build the capacity of all relevant team members to develop and maintain an excellent M&E system, including the periodic reflection and analysis of project monitoring data
- Develop and manage the projects’ Performance Monitoring Plans and MEAL systems in collaboration with project manager and project team.
- Design and implement an internal data quality assurance system.
- Development of reporting templates as per need.
- Will be responsible for all reporting requirement of PADO, Donor and Govt. departments.
- Qualify and improve the standardization of the data collected. Ensure cross-cutting themes such as gender equality, inclusion, protection etc. are embedded within the design of data collection tools.
- Develop the necessary tools for need assessments, data collection and monitoring and evaluation.
- Contribute to and/or carry out the rapid needs assessments on key projects during the project lifecycle to investigate further opportunities for interventions.
- Ensure data is collected and analysed regularly to respond to agreed indicators in a standardized manner.
- Take a lead role in the coordination of all evaluations and research activities including the conduct of baselines and final project evaluations.
- Support and (where necessary, lead) the development of ToRs and framework for evaluation and research activities.
- Establish and roll-out the necessary Complaint Response Mechanisms at Field and project level.
- Provide support in collecting data through comprehensive and multi-sectorial needs assessments for the development of new project proposals.
- Collating learning and valuable lessons learnt to be fed in new project development.
- Conducting impact assessments for high-priority project.
- Provide technical support to field staff on tools/formats etc.
- Monitor the field level activities i.e. beneficiaries selection, committee formation, community mobilization, distribution process and Complaint response etc.
- Frequently visits Project Areas to carry out process monitoring based on minimum standards and output level indicators.
- Other job related responsibility assigned by Program Manager/ Executive Director – PADO
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
University degree (Master Degree or equivalent), preferably in humanitarian affairs, political science, human rights, development studies or other relevant field and experience in a related area or Equivalent with extensive and relevant field experience in community monitoring;
Work experience requirements:
Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in a humanitarian/recovery context.
Fully proficient computer skills including use of relevant software and other applications, e.g. word processing, spreadsheets, internal databases, Internet etc.
Fluency in oral and written English with knowledge of the local working language of the duty station is essential.
Cooperates and works effectively with others in an emergency setting in the pursuit of common goals.
Promotes, practices, and helps others value and respect diversity of gender, culture, opinions, values, perspectives, ideas, skills, expertise, knowledge, and experiences.
Works effectively on multiple assignments simultaneously and adapts to changing demands and circumstances; adaptable and ready to travel with little or short notice.
Performs effectively in unstable, uncertain, or potentially dangerous environments while maintaining physical and mental health.