Division/Department: WASH and FSA
Location: PADO Regional Office Bannu/ North Waziristan Tribal District
Job title: Project Manager
Reports to: Program Manager
Level/Grade: OG II
Type of position: Full-time
40 Hours/week Exempt: Weekends
General Description of Tasks
Assist and support the team in implementing the aims and objectives of the project;
In a team process, plan, develop and implement Program activities under overall guidance of Executive Director and PADO Head Office in line with the MoU signed by PADO and CARE International aiming two main objectives of the project as:
- TDP returnee families of NWTD have improved hygiene and access to WASH facilities, including key components of Hygiene Promotion, Sanitation Facilities, Water Supply and WASH NFIs Distribution
- TDP returnee families in NWTD have access to improved agriculture and food security , including key components of Livestock, Irrigation, Seed System Security and Pests and Pesticide Control
The Project Manager will
- Assess, plan, design, implement, monitor, and report WASH and FSA activities to Program Manager.
- Where recovery is required, to help revive the economic activities of those affected, by the distribution of production means (agriculture, livestock, income-generating activities, etc.).
Support in the form of technical training, etc.
- Ensure activities comply with appropriate national and international standards (Sphere) and are focused on improving the environmental health conditions of the beneficiaries.
- Ensure that WASH and Food Security Livelihood activities are implemented as per design, standards and schedule, agreed with CARE International and PADO management.
- Follow-up on Field Staff and ensure that WASH and FSA education is adequately delivered and local communities are actively involved.
- Ensure Number of people benefiting from livestock activities
- Coordinate the project activities over the long term, to promote more resilient livelihoods in order to increase people’s autonomy, enabling them to generate income that meets their basic needs,
- Oversee design, installation, and construction activities including Water Supply and Irrigation.
- Provide routine training to the subordinate staff for their professional development.
- Develop data collection systems to monitor and ensure quality control of all the activities.
- Ensure all procurement and logistical needs of the project are efficiently managed.
- Coordinating activities by the various teams and departments, and ensuring that his/her actions are properly reported internally to the relevant bodies
- Identifying qualitative areas for improving programs and implementing adjustment measures
- Capitalizing on actions, an important aspect of each program.
- Other job related responsibility assigned by Program Manager/ Executive Director – PADO
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
University degree (Master degree or equivalent), preferably in humanitarian affairs, political science, human rights, development studies or other relevant field or the equivalent combination of education and experience in a related area or Equivalent with extensive and relevant field experience in community Development ;
Work experience requirements:
Five or more years’ experience responsible professional experience in humanitarian affairs, emergency preparedness and human rights and with at least 2 years field experience in the field of WASH and Food Security
Fully proficient computer skills including use of relevant software and other applications, e.g. word processing, spreadsheets, internal databases, Internet etc.
Fluency in oral and written English with knowledge of the local working language of the duty station is essential.
Cooperates and works effectively with others in an emergency setting in the pursuit of common goals.
Promotes, practices, and helps others value and respect diversity of gender, culture, opinions, values, perspectives, ideas, skills, expertise, knowledge, and experiences.
Works effectively on multiple assignments simultaneously and adapts to changing demands and circumstances; adaptable and ready to travel with little or short notice.
Performs effectively in unstable, uncertain, or potentially dangerous environments while maintaining physical and mental health.