Division/Department: WASH and FSA
Location: PADO Regional Office Bannu / North Waziristan Tribal District
Job title: Public Health Engineer
Reports to: Project Manager
Level/Grade: OG III
Type of position: Full-time
40 Hours/week Exempt: Weekends
General Description of Tasks
Assist and support the team in implementing the aims and objectives of the project;
In a team process, plan, develop and implement Program activities under overall guidance of Executive Director and PADO Head Office in line with the MoU signed by PADO and CARE International aiming two main objectives of the project as:
- TDP returnee families of NWTD have improved hygiene and access to WASH facilities, including key components of Hygiene Promotion, Sanitation Facilities, Water Supply and WASH NFIs Distribution
- TDP returnee families in NWTD have access to improved agriculture and food security , including key components of Livestock, Irrigation, Seed System Security and Pests and Pesticide Control
The Public Health Engineer will:
- Participates in the formulation and development of the WASH Objectives, Water Supply and Sanitation Components of the Project.
- Assist in Developing BoQs, WASH construction/engineering strategies, methodologies and identification of new approaches for improving WASH construction/engineering programme delivery
- Address the Communities about health concerns.
- Regularly Monitor on going Water and Sanitation activates under the Project
- Inspect and analyse existing public health facilities and systems
- Develop plans for improving facilities and health programs keeping in view Project Objectives
- Educate public about health concepts and safety measures through mobilization sessions
- Ensure the implementation of Water and sanitation schemes as per approved design
- Ensure the quality and quantity of material of water and sanitation schemes as per design
- Impart training to the community for maintenance of water and sanitation schemes
- Conduct Infrastructure (Water and Sanitation) surveys
- Compile project reports highlighting project impact against indicators
- Contribute to field based reports to PADO and Donors
- Assist Project Manager in design and implementation of program
- Other job related responsibility assigned by Program Manager/ Executive Director – PADO
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
University degree (Civil Engineering or equivalent), with relevant field experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience in a related area.
Work experience requirements:
Three or more years’ experience responsible professional experience in WASH Programme in humanitarian affairs, emergency preparedness, recovery and human rights.
Fully proficient computer skills including use of relevant software and other applications, e.g. word processing, spreadsheets, internal databases, Internet etc.
Fluency in oral and written English with knowledge of the local working language of the duty station is essential.
Cooperates and works effectively with others in an emergency setting in the pursuit of common goals.
Promotes, practices, and helps others value and respect diversity of gender, culture, opinions, values, perspectives, ideas, skills, expertise, knowledge, and experiences.
Works effectively on multiple assignments simultaneously and adapts to changing demands and circumstances; adaptable and ready to travel with little or short notice.
Performs effectively in unstable, uncertain, or potentially dangerous environments while maintaining physical and mental health.