Division/Department: WASH and FSA
Location: PADO Regional Office Bannu/ North Waziristan Tribal District
Job title: Public Health Promoter
Reports to: Project Manager
Level/Grade: OG IV
Type of position: Full-time
40 Hours/week Exempt: Weekends
General Description of Tasks
Assist and support the team in implementing the aims and objectives of the project;
In a team process, plan, develop and implement Program activities under overall guidance of Executive Director and PADO Head Office in line with the MoU signed by PADO and CARE International aiming two main objectives of the project as:
- TDP returnee families of NWTD have improved hygiene and access to WASH facilities, including key components of Hygiene Promotion, Sanitation Facilities, Water Supply and WASH NFIs Distribution
- TDP returnee families in NWTD have access to improved agriculture and food security , including key components of Livestock, Irrigation, Seed System Security and Pests and Pesticide Control
The Public Health Promoter will:
- Promote, monitor, survey, and assess the target communities in the assigned area at household and group level through daily home and field visits.
- Conduct household surveys and visit in order to identify new participants to the Public Health sessions, and Conduct hygiene promotion sessions in the field.
- Arrange thematic focus group discussions, awareness, and Public Health promotion sessions.
- Conduct hygiene promotion sessions within communities, schools, health center, households, distribution points.
- Conduct home visiting to inform and motivate families to improve their hygiene living conditions.
- Animate focus group, giving clear message on good hygiene practice.
- Evaluate the necessary material needed for a sessions/activity.
- Participate in the identification of beneficiaries for the WASH activities (solid waste management, water supply rehabilitation, distribution of hygiene kits etc.) if requested.
- Promote Hygiene to children to help them acquire safer hygiene behaviors.
- Participate in hygiene campaign, doing shows in schools and at community level.
- Act as a link between the organization and the beneficiaries.
- Support the Field Officer in identification of WASH committees, encourage the participation of female members and lead meetings with committee members.
- Ensure all work is carried out as per the community needs and project standards.
- Forging relationships with key people in the community, stakeholders and community leaders to ensure proper implementation.
- Establish and maintain a database for hygiene promotion sessions.
- In close collaboration with the field officer establish and update attendance sheet of WASH committees, meet with female members of the committee, register new committees selected.
- Ensure timely completion of project activities according to the weekly and monthly plans.
- Prepare Activity reports, weekly/monthly progress reports with supporting record.
- Assist Project Manager in design and implementation of program
- Other job related responsibility assigned by Project Manager/ Public Health Officer
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
University degree (Bachelor or equivalent), with relevant field experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience in a related area or Equivalent with extensive and relevant field experience in WASH Projects Implementation ;
Work experience requirements:
Two or more years’ experience responsible professional experience in WASH Programme in humanitarian affairs, emergency preparedness, recovery and human rights, and Food Security
Fully proficient computer skills including use of relevant software and other applications, e.g. word processing, spreadsheets, internal databases, Internet etc.
Fluency in oral and written English with knowledge of the local working language of the duty station is essential.
Cooperates and works effectively with others in an emergency setting in the pursuit of common goals.
Promotes, practices, and helps others value and respect diversity of gender, culture, opinions, values, perspectives, ideas, skills, expertise, knowledge, and experiences.
Works effectively on multiple assignments simultaneously and adapts to changing demands and circumstances; adaptable and ready to travel with little or short notice.
Performs effectively in unstable, uncertain, or potentially dangerous environments while maintaining physical and mental health.