Brief Description: Construction of VIP Latrines, Water Supply/trucking, H&H session
Geographical Area of Interventions: District Bannu
Project Duration: 6 Months
Project Time: 2014-15
Owing to the plights of the NW TDPs, PADO initiated 9 month project (15th September, 2014 – 15th June 2015) in order to ensure improved WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene) facilities for 2,466 Vulnerable families (24,666 Individuals) through Water supply, construction of 750 VIP latrines, 181 rehabilitation of existing latrines and to Increase community awareness of hygiene and environmental sanitation and reduction in water and vector borne diseases and change of behaviour (24,666 individuals) through IEC material, 2,000 hygiene kits & hygiene promotion sessions using Participatory Hygiene and Sanitation Transformation (PHAST) approach.
- PADO staff conducted orientation & capacity building sessions for project staff on PHAST approach for hygiene promotion, activity guidelines of water and sanitation and Complaint Response Management (CRM) for smooth execution the project modalities.
- 53 water storage tanks were installed in the proposed area’s.
- 750 trips of water tanker distributed 7,500,000 liters of safe drinking water among 663 families (6,666 individuls).
- 750 VIP latrines have been constructed in targeted area after identification of sites through during project time period.
- 10 pour flush latrines were constructed in mission hospital and handed over to the hospital administartion, These latrines are benifiting 116 minority families.
- 181 existing latrines have been rehabilitated in the intervention area.
- 500 health and hygiene sessions using PHAST approach have been conducted with 13,120 participants to reduce health hazards.
- 50 Dug wells have been disinfected through shock chlorination.
- IEC material for hygiene promotion was developed and pictorials messages were used to make messages interesting & easy to understand for the community.
- Complaint Response Mechanisim (CRM) was established in the project moreover revelent IEC material was developed and dessiminated among the community for their better understanding of the process.
- Global Hand Washing Day was celebrated in Oct 2014. Seminar, Education Walk, Quiz Competition and banners with hygiene messages was part of the event.
- 20 Cleanliness campaigns were organized in target areas with participation of 200 individulas, each individual was paid 1,000 PKR per full day satisfactory participation.
- World water day was celebrated in March 2015 which helped in highlighting the importance of
- Project team arranged 2 health and hygiene awarness walks in UC Khawajmad and Slema Sikandar Khel during the project span.
- 26 existing dug wells were rehabilitated in the area of intervention.
- Awareness Messages regarding health and hygiene were disseminated through wall chalking moreover key messages were displayed at prominent places within the community to raise awarness about healthy lifetsyle among TDPs.
- Completion certifcate was issued by district administration after successful completion of project milestones, the completion certificate was issued after establishing strong monitoring by district administration, This factor ensured ownership of the facilities and will help in sustaining the project interventions.