Division/Department: WASH and FSA
Location: PADO Regional Office Bannu / North Waziristan Tribal District
Job title: WASH Specialist
Reports to: Project Manager
Level/Grade: OG III
Type of position: Full-time
40 Hours/week Exempt: Weekends
General Description of Tasks
Assist and support the team in implementing the aims and objectives of the project;
In a team process, plan, develop and implement Program activities under overall guidance of Executive Director and PADO Head Office in line with the MoU signed by PADO and CARE International aiming two main objectives of the project as:
- TDP returnee families of NWTD have improved hygiene and access to WASH facilities, including key components of Hygiene Promotion, Sanitation Facilities, Water Supply and WASH NFIs Distribution
- TDP returnee families in NWTD have access to improved agriculture and food security , including key components of Livestock, Irrigation, Seed System Security and Pests and Pesticide Control
The WASH Specialist will:
- Participates in the formulation and development of the WASH Objectives goals, strategies and approaches for the Project.
- Develop WASH construction/engineering strategies, methodologies and identification of new approaches for improving WASH construction/engineering programme delivery, with emphasis on advocacy, community participation and social mobilization
- Reviews and evaluates the technical, institutional and financial feasibility and constraints of WASH construction/engineering activities of the project
- Plans, organizes and conducts training and orientation activities for Project Staff, Village Committees and beneficiaries, for the purpose of capacity building of local communities.
- Plans and undertakes field visits, and surveys in order to monitor and evaluate WASH construction/engineering project implementation and other assigned activities.
- Identifies problems and proposes remedial actions.
- Identifies alternative courses of action, to accelerate/improve programme delivery.
- Develops the work-plan for the WASH construction/engineering component and monitors compliance to ensure objectives and targets are met/ achieved.
- Ensures their training needs are met, and provides on-the-job training.
- Coordinates with Operations/Supply staff on supply and non- supply assistance activities.
- Coordination for disbursement of funds ensuring proper utilization and accountability, and those activities are within established plans of action, and the programme budget allotments.
- Coordinates activities and exchanges information/ideas with other programmes, to contribute to the achievement of overall programme objectives.
- Participates in establishing effective monitoring, information and reporting systems, and in the development of communication materials and strategies to support advocacy and community participation.
- Participates in the preparation of all programme reports for management, Board, donors, budget reviews, programme analysis, annual reports, etc.
- Develop data collection systems to monitor and ensure quality control of all the WASH activities including Sanitation Services and Hygiene Promotion.
- Ensure all procurement and logistical needs of the WASH Component are efficiently managed.
- Other job related responsibility assigned by Program Manager/ Executive Director – PADO
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
University degree (Civil Engineering or equivalent), with relevant field experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience in a related area or Equivalent with extensive and relevant field experience in WASH Projects Implementation ;
Work experience requirements:
Minimum 4 years’ responsible professional experience in WASH Programme in humanitarian affairs, emergency preparedness, recovery and human rights.
Fully proficient computer skills including use of relevant software and other applications, e.g. word processing, spreadsheets, internal databases, Internet etc.
Fluency in oral and written English with knowledge of the local working language of the duty station is essential.
Cooperates and works effectively with others in an emergency setting in the pursuit of common goals.
Promotes, practices, and helps others value and respect diversity of gender, culture, opinions, values, perspectives, ideas, skills, expertise, knowledge, and experiences.
Works effectively on multiple assignments simultaneously and adapts to changing demands and circumstances; adaptable and ready to travel with little or short notice.
Performs effectively in unstable, uncertain, or potentially dangerous environments while maintaining physical and mental health.